[dundee] SOT Office /OpenOffice.org problems - followup and apologies

Fionnbar Lenihan dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Thu Nov 21 16:46:01 2002

After I posted my last message I shut my computer down in disgust noting
as I did so that the shutdown messages indicated that other binaries
(such as mysql) could not be executed.  I was sure I was fsked.

Anyway, when I restarted all the problems had fixed themselves.

Apologies for bothering the list about it before doing something so
simple as restarting but I don't expect problems to get fixed with a
reboot in Linux!

Still no idea that the problem was though. Maybe some sort of filesystem
problem that it took a couple of goes for the journalling to sort out??

Fionnbar