[dundee] Re: uninstalling Xandros?

Tom Stott dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Wed Jun 11 21:14:00 2003

Hi Paul,

	the simplest way to do this for you, would be to do it all in windows
(as u know it better), boot into xp and install the recovery console
from the cd rom using "d:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons" in the run box on
your start menu assuming d is your cd drive, (always a good idea to have
the recovery console, :) ), now when you reboot select the windows xp
option from the xandros boot menu, and then select the recovery console,
might ask you for admin password, use the command "fixmbr", which will
write the default xp boot config back onto the MBR, then just use the
computer management console from admin utills and use the disk manager
to format your linux partition, (i dont know if there is a way to
recombine ntfs partitions -im not that clever!) and this will assign a
drive letter and give you a usuable windows partition,

now just go thro' the xandros installation wizard when your ready to
install it again on your hdb,

There is prettier ways to do this, but i hope that you will find this
the most straight forward, and easiest solution untill your ready for
linux on your hdb,

ps - if theres any mistakes in this, its 'cos im watching the football
and were losing (im sure im due a lot of symnpathy mailing this to a
scottich lug )!

Tom

and another pimp, irc.oftc.net, #tlug

Kier> "the pro-lity-what-yer-mit-call-it ??? - just kidding, :)