[dundee] New(ish) user needs help with pybliographic

Richard Earl dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 12 11:32:00 2003

Hi,

I'm Rich. I'm fairly new to using Linux, but I infinitely prefer it to XP
or any other MS OS. Lyx was a fantastic program for writing my
thesis this year, and pybliographic was fantastic for keeping track
of and citing references. This was on SuSE 8.1 on a Fujitsu-
Seimens Intel 2.4 GHz, 256MB RAM, 80 GB hard disk.

SInce upgrading to SuSE 8.2 pybliographic no longer works. I tried
installing an earlier version of recode, and I also tried a HOWTO I
found which involved installing earlier version of Gnome and Python
alongside the newer ones, then telling pybliographic to use the
older ones (something about it not being ported to GTK 2.0 yet).

None of this has worked so far, and every time I try a different
reference manager it either won't install or won't connect to LyX for
me. I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem, and if you
can help me.

Cheers,

Rich