[dundee] mail delivery program

David R. Baird dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Fri Jun 20 21:29:01 2003

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a command line program for sending mail out
via an ISP? The sections in both 'Running Linux' and the RedHat
Linux Bible describe setting up MTA's etc for a machine with a
valid hostname, or else setting up graphical mail programs like
Netscape, but there seems to be no mention of a program that can
connect to an external mail server and authenticate to send out
mail. Ideally I'm looking for something that will integrate
seamlessly with the mail command, so I can send mail easily from
scripts. Or could I configure sendmail or something to do this?

Cheers,

d.

--
Dr. David R. Baird