[dundee] a many different things

Mark Harrigan dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Fri Jun 27 18:25:00 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 08:09:48PM +0100, Keir Lawson wrote:

> I presume with this response you think an "install night" is a good idea
> (unless of course your being sarcastic in which case ive just made a
> fool of myself).  i could bring along a crap laptop(8mb of ram etc try
> to install linux(with a gui) on that!)
>
> keir
>
> keir

Slow down there I want other people to say if they're interested, if
not then meeting will go as planned. And a meeting where we brought in
systems would not be an excuse to try and make us install something
that you couldn't be arsed doing usually... we're talking install onto
reasonable systems if you NEED the help.

If you want to be odd and install on a low memory system you learn how
to do it yourself and come give us a talk on it. Plus I have a
suspicion that if we did do it you'd play with it for 5 mins and then
decide it was ridiculously slow and throw it back in the corner. Mind
you if you had 2 pcmcia network cards that system might make a very
nice, quiet firewall box.

Mark