[dundee] Meeting

Mark Harrigan dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Fri May 2 12:39:01 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 09:18:30AM +0100, Paul Mitchell wrote:
> Hey Mark: go easy on us noobs - we have become so click and forget from
> using Micro$uck that we need help!
>
> Hope to be there.
>
> Paul

:)

I don't have a problem with newbies, people deserve hand holding when
unfamilar with something. It's the false advertising I don't
like. Linux and other Free Unices are great I just don't like the
impression that you'll get there without some work... involving your
own head and the repeated bashing off a brick wall (don't worry unlike
certain other operating systems this will pass as opposed to get
worse). I'll be more than happy to assist as much as I can in the
learning process.(1) :)

Mark

(1) Yeah that's going to come back to bite me in the ass at some later
    point, I can just feel it...