[dundee] Constitution

Mark Harrigan dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Mon May 5 06:58:02 2003

Just another small thing before I finalise this beast.

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 08:58:26PM +0100, Mark Harrigan wrote:
> TLUG Constitution:
>
>    1.  Aims and Objectives
>
>          1. To provide a forum to discuss and gain experience of
>             GNU/Linux and all Open Source operating systems.
>
>          2. To help and educate interested parties in the usage of
>             Open Source operating systems and related software.
>
>          3. To promote the use of Open Source as a viable alternative
>             to proprietary techniques.

For some reason I didn't really pay attention the GNU/ bit in 1.1, now
I'm not that keen on RMS decreeing that all Linux is GNU so would
anyone mind if I removed that bit. If there's conflict about that
we'll have to work something out.

Mark

PS I'm not anti-GNU in general, in fact I'm writing this in GNU Emacs
21.3.1, it's just this does kinda grate on me a little.