[dundee] Tonight's meeting

Mark Harrigan dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Wed May 14 11:58:07 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 09:45:03AM +0100, Keir Lawson wrote:
> Dan Sullivan wrote:
>
> >Keir was the guy with American/Canadian accent (I think).
> >

> NO im friggin scotish. my parents are both scottish as are all my grand
> parents and all my great grand parents.
Calm! It's not a personal attack. A lot of people seemed to think that
I was scottish last year for some reason *shrugs*

> I think the meeting was to formal but the talks (thank you Andrew) were
> informative if a bit long winded.  I think the screw up with the
> mandrake install was enough to put any linux newbie of for life.  Next
> time (if there is to be a next time) we should make it much less formal
> and perhaps have a Q & A session.  Just my humble opionion(spelt wrong
> as i cant find the minatour(also spelt wrong) spell checker).
>
> Keir

It was a first meeting, it was always going to be "interesting". I've
got a lot of ideas from it and from other people on how the next
meeting should be especially on the cd creation front...

Hope I didn't but everyone off.

Mark