[dundee] Tonight's meeting

Wm. G. Urquhart dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Wed May 14 13:47:00 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Keir Lawson wrote:

> Dan Sullivan wrote:
>
> I think the meeting was to formal but the talks (thank you Andrew) were
> informative if a bit long winded.  I think the screw up with the
> mandrake install was enough to put any linux newbie of for life.  Next
> time (if there is to be a next time) we should make it much less formal
> and perhaps have a Q & A session.  Just my humble opionion(spelt wrong
> as i cant find the minatour(also spelt wrong) spell checker).
>
> Keir

Hi all,

Just to say that I agreed with Keir as regards the formality of the
meeting. I knew there was going to be a talk, but IMHO it could have been
a bit more condensed. Having said that after what Andrew was saying about
the new kernel it seems to have a lot look forward to.

Also, for your information I was the guy that came in last (at about 8)
and sat at the back. You remember the bald bloke, when Duncan came in he
was sitting in from of me. Well I assume it was Duncan.

A less formal Q&A session for the next meeting would be ideal. As regards
the elections what posts are up for nomination?

--
William