[dundee] Gstreamer problems

Andrew Clayton dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Thu May 29 21:43:01 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 21:17, Keir Lawson wrote:
> i tried to install gstreamer 0.6.1 from source (standard ./configure
> gmake gmake install all as root). however whenever i try to install
> something from source that depends upon it the configure script fail to
> recognise it.  i think the problemn is that gstreamer has not registered
> itself (or am i suposed to do this bit?) with pkg-config as when i do
> pkg-config --list-all it is not displayed.  could some one help.

See if gstreamer installed something like a gstreamer.pc file or if one
came in the source. If it did, then you could try copying it over to
$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/

which in my case (RH 7.3) is /usr/lib/pkgconfig

failing that you can usually pass the paths to the libs of needed
components via ./configure, ./configure --help should reveal all.

--
Andrew