[dundee] hows this? re: advertising

Andrew Clayton dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 16 16:35:01 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 15:59, Colin Brough wrote:
> > Is this okay?
> >
> > http://www.computing.dundee.ac.uk/staff/swells/downloads/tlug/
> > TLUGflyer.pdf
>
> Lookin' good - personally I might put the Tux as a banner over the
> top, with the info (including TLUG) beneath it. The map is a bit
> fiddly - it doesn't print brilliantly, maybe because its a bit small?
> We can safely assume people who see it will have web access, and the
> URL isn't exactly hard (google on 'tayside linux' gets you there
> anyway!) - drop the map?
>
> Minor point: you've spelled theatre "Theater" - US, not UK spelling...
>
> Anyway, here's my slight rearrangement, just for the purposes of
> comparison:
>
> 	http://www.colinbrough.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tlug.pdf

Hmm.. I quite this one as well. However I fell it lacks a few important
bits of information.

Web site address being the main one ;)

I do like the idea of having the map, maybe it could be made a bit more
clearer.  If I saw juts saw this poster, I don't think I'd have really
any idea of where the LUG was being held. And no obvious means of
finding out.

I guess it partly depends on where you are going to place these
posters... some may need more or different info than others.

I think it should at least contain the website url and the irc info. If
we had links to the dundee uni campus maps etc from our website that
would be a big help.

If your putting posters on campus, then a map on the poster maybe isn't
necesary, if your putting them in some other location, then it may be a
good idea.

> Cheers
>
> Colin

Andrew