[dundee] hows this? re: advertising

Colin Brough dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 16 17:06:01 2003

> > > Hmm.. I quite this one as well. However I fell it lacks a few important
> > > bits of information.
> > >
> > > Web site address being the main one ;)
> >
> > It does!! (http://www.dundee.lug.org.uk, bang in the middle of the
> > page!!) IRC info is now there too, at the bottom of the page...
>
> Hmm, the very top of the logo seems to be slightly cropped....

So its not just me that thought that.... I'm using xpdf to view, by
the way... the trouble with the URL must be an installed fonts thing.

Anyway, the source for my version of this is a LaTeX file (excuse the
crudities; I've got a lot of the crud in a personal .sty file, but
that wouldn't be portable!):

	\documentclass[12pt]{article}
	\pagestyle{empty}
	\usepackage{epsf}
	\parskip=1.5ex
	\parindent=0pt
	\setlength{\textheight}{23cm}
	\setlength{\textwidth}{450pt}
	\setlength{\oddsidemargin}{0pt}
	\setlength{\topmargin}{-40pt}
	\addtolength{\textheight}{120pt}
	\addtolength{\topmargin}{-40pt}
	\addtolength{\textwidth}{80pt}
	\addtolength{\oddsidemargin}{40pt}
	\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{phv}
	\begin{document}
	\begin{center}
	\epsfxsize=\textwidth \epsffile{Linux.ps}

	\vfill

	\epsfxsize=0.7\textwidth \epsffile{/home/cmb/tlug.eps}

	\vfill

	{\LARGE \bf Regular meetings on the first Monday of  every month}

	\vfill

	{\huge \tt http://www.dundee.lug.org.uk/}

	\vfill

	\LARGE

	\begin{tabular}{ll}
	Venue:	& Microcentre Lecture Theatre	\\
		& Dundee University		\\
		& Park Wynd			\\
		& Dundee			\\
	\end{tabular}

	\vfill

	{\large \tt irc.oftc.net, \#tlug}

	\end{center}
	\end{document}

The tlug.eps and Linux.ps files are at:

	http://www.colinbrough.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tlug.eps
	http://www.colinbrough.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Linux.ps

Processed by: latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf (had to go through dvips rather
than use pdflatex directly, for some reason, as the PostScript
pictures weren't picked up...).

If anyone wants to fiddle further, feel free.

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough@blueyonder.co.uk