[dundee] udev

alex mole nal at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 15:15:03 BST 2004

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has used udev? Only I can't seem to get my CD
drives to have their devices created for them...

The kernel is recognising them:

Apr  3 14:46:47 abel kernel: hdc: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8160B, ATAPI
CD/DVD-ROM drive
Apr  3 14:46:47 abel kernel: hdd: HL-DT-ST GCE-8400B, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

But that is the last time they are mentioned in any log. No devices get
created for them. If I run "MAKEDEV hdc hdd" then the devices appear and
work.

I've googled for this and turned up nothing of use. I'm wondering if
maybe my CD drives aren't generating hotplug events and I just need to
stick some more "mknod"s in a startup file...

Thanks for any help,

Alex