[dundee] Fwd: [lugmaster] Linux Day

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Fri Apr 16 21:12:07 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 19:45, Simon Wells wrote:
> Martin Habets wrote:
>
> >Maybe this is interesting for us?
> >
> >Martin
> >

> >>From: Simon Heywood <simon at triv.org.uk>
> >>Subject: [lugmaster] Linux Day
> >>To: lugmaster at mailman.lug.org.uk
> >>
> >>Following up from my previous post about the proposed Linux Day, I've
> >>created a mailing list [1] for discussion about it. If your LUG is up
> >>for another install day type event (although with the emphasis more on
> >>advocacy, showing off features, and expert advice than installation)
> >>then please subscribe to the list and help get things going.
> >>
> >>The current plan (for the Thames LUG at least) is to aim for
> >>mid-October, giving us enough time to plan things, and hopefully capture
> >>university audiences near the start of the academic year.
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>Simon

> >Chat on IRC, #tlug on irc.oftc.net
> >

> excuse my ignorance, but whats involved in this kind of event?

In this case it sounds more like an Linux awareness day rather than an
installfest.

I imagine we would have some machines up running Linux showing what it
can do, OOo, Mozilla, Evolution, GNOME, KDE etc for the desktop side of
things...

Answering peoples questions, giving out Linux cd's e.g Knoppix

I guess that would be the general idea....

http://pengwyn.linux.org.uk/pipermail/gnome-cy/2003-June/000213.html
http://cardiffschools.net/lad.htm

> Simon

Andrew