[dundee] Fedora inside Virtual PC 6.1 on a G4 Macintosh...OH YEAH !!!

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Tue Jan 6 10:27:36 GMT 2004

I have just installed Redhat Fedora (from the latest Linux
Format DVD) inside a Virtual PC virtual hard-disk
(dynamically expanding) on my 1.25 GHz dual processor G4
Mac and it is F***ING FANTASTIC!

One small PROBLEM though......

VPC emulates a sound card and the Fedora install did not
recognise it (i.e. have a 'silent' install): tried to
config sound by opening the Terminal and doing the
following:

su root

then my root password

then

sndconfig  (had the specifications ready)..... but got a
return message to say that the term "sndconfig" was not
recognised.......

Help, Advise, Abuse (?) all gratefully recieved.

Richmond Mathewson

See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html    and
http://www.runrev.com/Revolution1/developercentral/usercontributions.html