[dundee] volunteering

Keir Lawson keir at thelawsons.plus.com
Sun Jan 25 09:12:11 GMT 2004

> hmm.. possibly... I however question the need for such a thing... What
> exactly did you do to get it?

well i had to do a course of very basic computer skills.... word
processing(word), databases(access), presentation(powerpoint), the
web(IE/Hotmail), spreadsheets(excel), computer culture (DPA etc (System
independent)) and basic file managment (Windows Explorer)

the only problem with doing this on linux i would imagine would be
databases.... the tests themselves are not suposed to be biased towards
any particular package/OS

although i think you would be hard pressed to get anybody to train
people with a linux course, if we made the materials (i still have the
windows ones i used for my course), then if somebody wants to try then
they can.

keir