[dundee] Question about TCP connections

David R. Baird dave at zerofive.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 14:03:54 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I have 2 servers running Redhat 7.2, one at home, one in a server
farm somewhere. I've recently noticed that there are several
long-lived TCP connections between the machines. netstat -an
shows about half a dozen connections from the home machine, to
port 3306 (mysql) on the production server. I have no idea what
these are doing!

My MRTG monitoring graphs show that these connections start early
in the morning, and last for several hours. I can't find anything
in the cron jobs that could be doing this.

Any ideas on how I can identify the program that sets up these
connections?

Cheers,

Dave.

--