[dundee] any penguins in dundee?

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 17:37:59 BST 2006

I'll be going to Abertay if I get accepted..the course is a new one.. ;-)

http://www.abertay.ac.uk/Courses/CDetails.cfm?CID=363&Key=002

I'm looking for accomodation , hopefully with some other hackers, and a part time jobs up there, I've got a CCNA n know 'things' about 'unix' and 'networks' ;-).

so if you people know of anything that I could get upto in conjuction with my studies let me know. Obviously working with linux is my thing, but I'm willing to go over to the dark side (windows) for earning extra beer tokens!!.

Where's a nice place to live in Dundee which is fairly close (cycling) distance to abertay? Any advice would be most welcome , and I'll get you a pint when we meet. :-).

Cheers,
Lee

Simon Wells <swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk> wrote: There are some but it has been very quiet for the last year or so.
Will you be studying at Dundee or Abertay? What subject?

Simon Wells

email:  swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk
web:  http://www.computing.dundee.ac.uk/staff/swells/html/index.html
phone: (44) 01382-386-526
mail:  School Of Computing, University Of Dundee,Dundee,  DD1 4HN, U.K.

On 23 Aug 2006, at 02:24, Lee Hughes wrote:

> Hiya,
> I might be comming to dundee to study is september, just wanted to
> know if there are any penguin people up there I could network with
> etc etc.
>
> I'm a gentoo user, do you hate me already? ;-)
>
> Just saying hello and stuff .... anyone around?
>
> so hello.
>
> Laters,
> Lee
>

> To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all
> new Yahoo! Security Centre.

believed to be clean.

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk