[dundee] Zoom X4 modem

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 19:46:23 GMT 2006

> Apparently there is documentation with the modem outlining how to configure
> it to run off several Linux distros. However, if there is anything I should
> be aware of - any pitfalls or possible glitches, whether it's best to use
> the serial port or the LAN port etc - please drop me an e-mail. I'm going
> to try configuring it myself so if you hear swearing from the Forfar area
> it'll be me.

Use the LAN port. It will then "just work" with (probably) absolutely
no extra configuration on your part. Most distros will get an IP using
DHCP on the LAN, and that's it.... Did someone say use the LAN port?
Its faster, more reliable, needs less configuration... So, if in
doubt, use the LAN.

Got the message? :-)

Cheers

Colin