[dundee] new member

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Sun Apr 1 13:16:11 BST 2007

I know there are ways around removing things like that without a recompile, I just don't much like pre-compiled kernels. They're very bulky and slow to boot up. To be fair I've just checked my kernel sizes between my PC (compiled myself) and my laptop. My PC is 2.2MB whereas my laptop is 1.7MB. fair enough. but it still takes FAR longer because from what I've seen the whole kernel seems to be almost entirely modular. I know modules are good and make the system more flexible, but there are some things I wish to keep solid. Anyway, back to the point, the PC speaker is annoying and I'm keeping it to try and persuade me to recompile soon.

Thanks for the help anyway *smile*