[dundee] WINE, Cedega, & The Gamers

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Sun Apr 1 13:22:53 BST 2007

Ok, to start with, many online games won't ever be supported under Cedega. This is purely due to the open source nature. A lot of them use third party systems such as Hackshield to stop players from cheating. Whereas the game may theoretically be run using WINE/Cedega there is no way to provide this hack protection support (which is what happened with WoW, although they appologised, I believe they employ an in built hack protection)
As for the freshers fair and presentations, I am more than willing to participate if needed, however, as someone said, with our wide range of experience ( and in this case interest level) devoting a presentation on the group on benefits of Cedega, or problems with it, or how to run it, is unlikely to provide the linux spark to everybody.