[dundee] McKinnon, Feisty and Dell

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Thu Apr 5 14:58:20 BST 2007

Ok, to start off with, I have got 2 Dell machines, my desktop, and my laptop, and I've had little problem with either. True their support is non existent if you change their system at all but the machines aren't bad. I'm not necessarily loyal to Dell though, it's mainly because my Dad used to buy my new computers and take my old one. Not that bad a trade really. Having split up parents has it's advantages. (Note: I never guilt tripped anyone, I'm not that kind of person)

As for the Linux thing in terms of Dell. I can't see them having overly much success with it, apart from their top end servers. In general, the kind of people who buy Dell machines (ie my Dad) seem not to be the kind that would necessarily prefer a Linux machine to a windoze one. As my friend said "Windows works, why would I want to change?"

Anyway, instead of posting twice I'll say it here. The old hardware thing I was talking about wasn't really supposed to be of any practical purpose, more for the stand at the freshers fair. Something with a sign saying "Annoyed your computer won't run Vista, Linux will even run on this old thing!" Just to prove a point if'n ya know what I'm meanin'

I think that's all

Signing out
Nistur                            nistur at karate.com