[dundee] Games

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Mon Apr 9 18:45:36 BST 2007

I was just thinking. Who here has got Guitar Hero {I,II}
I've just downloaded FretsOnFire and 2GB worth of songs for it and it works brilliantly on my computer. One little problem though. you use F1-F5 for each of the "frets" and enter for the strum. It's actually surprisingly close to playing the game. However I was thinking of expanding this. My choices seem to either be:
XBox 360 controller
PS2 Controller w/ usb adapter
self-hack

Easiest would be the XBox one. However I've got a 2.6.20 kernel running on both my machines and the newest xpad (needed for 360 controllers) seems not to work on 2.6.20 kernels for whatever reason. The second option is a possibility but I'm not sure how good the PS2-USB adapters are.
Last but not least
http://www.instructables.com/id/EBWOWVK2PPEXCFG5WI/?ALLSTEPS
I don't know how the link is at the moment because it doesn't seem to be working for me today (worked yesterday) but yeah. I guess I could do that with either one of my GH controllers (one has a broken Wammie-bar anyway) or get a cheap toy guitar.

Anyway, an idea for freshers fair? What do people think?
PS. If anyone thinks they might be able to... help (not necessarily helping make, but advice etc) the creation of the guitar it would be much appreciated :)

Signing out
Nistur                            nistur at karate.com