[dundee] Grub floppies

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Tue Apr 10 00:09:11 BST 2007

Oh, in case anyone was interested, I finished LFS a few days ago but was very disappointed when my kernel didn't boot. I know my laptop very well and therefore  I don't think I have missed anything important. However it couldn't find the filesystem sdb2 which threw it into a kernel panic - fun.

I enabled USB_OHCI, USB_UHCI and USB_EHCI to be built ins so I wouldn't have a module problem. Otherwise I haven't built anything other than what my laptop itself needs.

I don't suppose there's anything glaringly obvious I may have missed that anyone can think of?

Through being disheartened I haven't tried yet copying the entire build to a harddisk yet, as I have a free partition it shouldn't be too hard. I am going home(? it sounds strange... Dundee is home now) for a week and I doubt I will be overly worked so I'll probably mess around a bit then

Signing out
Nistur                            nistur at karate.com