[dundee] gah WINDOZE *sob*

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Wed Apr 25 11:54:03 BST 2007

First of all, I agree with everyone on the website/wiki idea, especially if we make as much of it as simple as possible to attract new users. As Arron said (in the first week) Vista will be the biggest help we could ever have wanted. A lot of people will be attracted by... "bling" which is what Microsoft was hoping for I think. However all of the new Vista features are possible on older hardware using Beryl or even Compiz. If we make Linux LOOK as fancy as Vista and point out that it's usable on virtually every computer, you don't need 2GB of RAM etc...

Secondly, Arron, I won't be able to send you a presentation in the next few days, I have a lot of... sorting out to do in terms of my 2 machines. As I said both of them are Dell, my PC, which until recently I had thought was 2/3 years old, I just checked the BIOS and found out it was sent out in 2002 ouch. Anyway, my PC is messed up, BIOS takes about 5 minutes to get through, Windows partition is FUBAR. Linux works-ish, although *shrug* I want to try and fix it, otherwise get a NAS enclosure in the next few days so I can keep my 300GB drive. My laptop is currently installing XP (ARRRRGGGHHH) because I got (thinks of the nicest way to put it) talked into buying FFXI, and it doesn't work under WINE yet. I also got rid of my Archlinux install, partly because I wanted to reinstall anyway, because someone upstream had put some package files where they shouldn't and openGL wasn't working any more. Just seemed easier.
Anyway, I've babbled enough
I think I'll go back to tainting my laptop

Wish me luck
Signing out
Nistur                            nistur at karate.com