[dundee] Freshers Fair

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Sun Aug 5 21:42:57 BST 2007

sounds like everyone's thinking along the same tracks. How many machines have we procured for this? I mean, it might be amusing to have an even larger range, have something purely command line just for the hell of it, I have recently discovered fbi as a framebuffer image viewer, and there are passable command line alternatives for a lot of things.

Anyway, on a different track, I know this isn't the best idea, as new users are likely to find it difficult to stand up infront and ask questions. I was just thinking (and sorry if things are happening a lot more now since I've been gone) but it may be an interesting idea to have an "open floor" kinda thing. People hook up their laptops to the projector (power tested of course) and explain their problems and people can then suggest help for them there. Like I said, probably not a usable idea but still, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Signing out
Nistur                            nistur at karate.com