[dundee] Automatix & Ubuntu

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 14:33:42 BST 2007

I've always had success with automatix..

but then again, I try to avoid bleeding edge disto's (gentoo excluded ;-) ).

it's always tempting to upgrade to the latest and greatest, but if it aint broke dont fix it. My systems keeps asking me to upgrade to ubuntu 7.xx , like it's kinda a walk in the park.. I politely said now...

it a shame you can't check point the file system, and the roll it all back if it goes tits up.

Gordon Dunlop <gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: I use Automatix2 in my Ubuntu partition, recently there were large
concerns on how it could break the system. I have not had this as I use
it for only a few installs, preferring to download the proprietary
codecs and programmes from the main or 3rd party synaptic repositories.

> http://pimpyourlinux.com/linux-feature-review/automatix-can-break-your-linux-ubuntu-install/

> http://mjg59.livejournal.com/77440.html

I am just letting you know in case anyone has had problems with this.

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk