[dundee] Abertay Linux Society - Next Meeting & Important Info -

Arron M Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 25 09:34:51 BST 2007

Hi Guy's, 25 Days and counting

Just an update on the current situation with the Abertay Linux Society
forth coming Freshers Fair (19th September)

First and foremost we have a meeting scheduled for the 30th September at
7pm, it will be held in the Cinema (3rd floor) of the Students
Association Building, Bell Street, Dundee.

So far we have had two volunteers for writing howto guides, but we do
need more both to give out at the event and more importantly to place on
the web site and direct people to there. The following volunteers have
offered to help man the stand;

Arron

Attila

Gordon

Jen

Lee

Kris

if i have forgot someone please email me so i can add you to my list.

If you do have a spare half an hour then please think about writing a
howto guide for a number of different things. It doesn't need to be that
technically in depth, it could be as simple as howto set-up Automatix in
Ubuntu, or howto add extra repositories. Maybe even a short guide on
howto compile from source, all of these would be greatly appreciated and
rest assured they will get used at the fair and on the new web site.
During this time Kris Findlay (A.K.A Azmodie the Linux Society Web
Master) has set a temporary forum for discussing ideas. I think that
this is a great opportunity to talk about your Linux experience and to
get a better consultation of what YOU think that new users and freshers
would like to see from OUR society.

The web address is

http://asl.justdontask.co.uk

If everyone that wants to help with the forth coming freshers fair event
please sign up and we'll get some discussion going.

If you have any questions then you can contact me through the usual
email addresses

Arron

Abertay Linux Society