[dundee] Laptop Stickers and Case Badges

David Thornton Snr davidthorntonsnr at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 13:22:43 GMT 2007

Hi again,
Thought you may want to check out this site http://www.scotgold.com/  for badges etc. Not looked at it for a while but seems good. They have some ready made Linux badges.

Dave

----- Original Message ----
From: "<3 " <sauntering.with.scissors at gmail.com>
To: dundee at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sent: Wednesday, 7 November, 2007 11:54:40 AM
Subject: [dundee] Laptop Stickers and Case Badges

Hi all,

I have been looking into the stickers people are interested in and have been looking for a company/person that will print us some super cool bespoke laptop badges and case badges. [Case badges will be standard 25mmX25mm, there are no restrictions on laptop badge size]

[*] Someone on ebay is willing to print us 100 laptop stickers (Similar to this:
Ebay item - Laptop Sticker) and 100 stickers (Similar to this:
Ebay Item - Case Badge) for $0.75 each, which works out at around £72 for 200 stickers.

[*] Alternatively, a company keyfactors print any design on domed case badges @ 33p for 100 stickers - which would be £33.00 for 100 case badges.

[*] Another company.. (im waiting for a price quote from them - they look expensive!) dectek print domed badges and domed labels. They look pretty sweet.. so i hope they aren't too expensive.

At any rate.. I reckon 100 case badges and 100 laptop badges is a good number.. I think that gives everyone in the society some to play with and more for us to throw at people. Unless there are members who want a lot of them?

So.. I have some questions!

1 - For laptops.... Aluminum stickers or domed badges?
2 - For desktops.. Aluminum stickers or domed badges?
3 - Anybody have any ideas for artwork?
4 - Feedback on the quantity. Is 100 too much? too little?

5- -Any other kinds of stickers ive missed?
6- -Im still looking about for companies and checking prices, does anybody know a guy that knows a guy that prints stickers?

I will of course bring this up at a future meeting once i have price quotes back and put this to vote before committing to any decision. I would just like to get a general idea from you guys  :)

-jen.
'i spam.'