[dundee] gooey boy gets bashed

gordon dunlop gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Oct 14 21:25:21 BST 2007

I installed Sabayon a couple of weeks ago , I was talking about it to
Phillip and Hazel at the Abertay Linux Society. Sabayon are trying to
put all the best things from other distros into one package, e.g. the
harddrake disk manager (Mandriva), the Anaconda software installer
(Fedora), the KDE OpenSuSE menu & Portage package manager (Gentoo). It
did require a minimum of 12GB space for installing. What do you think of
this Distro? Do you like it? Was it straightforward for you? The only
problem that I had was when updating using emerge is that it could only
be done a few packages at a time because there were 2 packages (This was
found after all the updating) that had dependency errors that affected
the update process, other than that it was okay. I did like the terminal
output of the updating and compiling process as it showed where the
package was being installed to (personal opinion only), this
distribution is starting to get more and more popular.

Gordon