[dundee] Welcome Ian Porter

Ian ian at codingfriends.com
Sat Apr 12 20:39:51 BST 2008

Hi Arron

Arron M Finnon wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> My name is Arron AKA finux, we meet every two weeks at The University of
> Abertay, you can find us on two sites www.dundee.lug.org.uk and
> www.thelinuxsociety.org.uk if your into your Linux then i've got to tell
> you found the right mailing list and the right linux user groups.  We
> hold loads of talks an events.

Cool, shall have to make it to the meeting for a chat, have not talked
with other linux people for ages, the talks on the website look really
interesting, when are the next ones ?
> I'm sure everyone here will join my in both welcoming you to Dundee and
> welcoming to our Linux Community.

Really like Dundee, we went to the swimming pool the other day to see
what the score is.. and it looks great, cannot wait to take Miya (my
daughter) there :). not sure if she will leave thou.
> I can only give you a couple of recommendations where you can take young
> children, there is about three in the dundee town centre that are any
> good, and then Broughty Ferry which is very good for children.

Broughty Ferry is quite nice, we went to the Monifeth beach the other
day, what a nice beach.
> Counting House
> All Stars
> Marmalade Pot (neat the airport)

I think that I have seen the Marmalade Pot, is that part of the hungry
house place ?
> My daughter a couple of months younger than yours, so i know that giddy
> father feeling well dude, and congrats.

Congrats to you as well.  yeah.. really does change your views on
things, completely.
> Next meeting is on the 24th of this month about 7ish, we normally have a
> wee drinky afterwards.

Cool :).  I may be heading south the next day, so probably will not be
able to have too much of a drink.
> Once again welcome

Thanks, looking forward the meetings.
Ian