[dundee] Ian Porter

Ian ian at codingfriends.com
Sat Apr 12 21:01:41 BST 2008

Hi

David Thornton Snr wrote:
> Hi Ian,
> Welcome to our little abode at the Linux Community. Where have you
> moved from to be here?
Well, there is a story there, me and my wife (Lorraine) sold our houses
in Norwich (Easton) and also Downham Market at the high of the market
and moved up to Scotland (Lorraine comes from Glasgow).  We moved to
Bonnybridge for a stepping stone to find somewhere nice to settle down
and thus have moved to Dundee because tbh, the people just seem really
nice and there is a great feeling about the place.  We have a daughter..
so I am having time off from work to spend some great time with my
family, I do some remote work from time to time to keep my fingers on
the keyboard as such, and starting to do more and more now :)..  we are
living in Aucterhouse, in a old farm house, to check out the area to
settle down in as such.
> We also have a get-together at the Ground floor cafe on the High st,
> about once a month or so, on
> a Saturday morning at 10.30.
> I will be contacting Arron to see if next sat (19th) will be Ok for a
> meet.
K.. shall try and make it, Lorraine may go shopping in Dundee and if it
is k for me to Miya along that will be great, she does not sit still for
long thou.

> Glad to here from you and again Welcome

Cheers
Ian