[dundee] And the Most Reliable server OS of All Is ...

Paul Lancaster paul_lancaster at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 18:09:40 BST 2008

Lee Hughes wrote:
> can you get more information on this? surley it must hold two records
>
> a) for up time
> b) biggest continuous carbon footprint of any machine on the planet
Actually are recenlty delivered IBM P series, has a lone single core
CPU. A cold spare server - hdd's have to be swapped incase of failiure.
Since IBM replaced the x86 based servers used for this app, there hasnt
been a  single failiure.
The system was supplied with a san, plus tape library with its own X3500
series Quad Xeon to control it !!!!  - go figure - it does have SLES
installed on it, not that I can get anywhere near it.

Paul