[dundee] Notes from last nights meeting

arron finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 15 16:20:54 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

Just a quick recap of last nights meeting,

I asked for everyone that was doing a talk off some description if they
could send me a brief statement.  I was hoping that it could just be a brief
snap shot, nothing too detailed.  Just a couple of sentences, by the next
meeting   Any format will do but tbh just send it to me in an email.

We said that really if you have an idea that you would like to see at SFD
then really this is the last opportunity to voice it.  There was some nice
interesting ways that people thought of being able to contribute towards the
event that where not talks.  Like doing screencasts of things in free and
open source software that they thought where good to showcase to interested
people at the event.  If you have something you'd like to showcase in a
similiar way then pretty please drop me an email with a brief snapshot of
that soon as well.  We may need some volunteers there to help keep an eye on
things and generally be there, if your up for it drop me a line too.

Gordon Dunlop (The Gov'nor) mentioned we should get a volunteer for taking
photographs at the event, and he was also kind enough to volunteer David
Thornton Snr in his absence, which i greatfully accepted.  All joking a side
it would be nice and i hope DTsnr is available and willing to do it.

I would like to also to thank Gary "basically" Short for his talk it was
very informative and warmly taken on board, i learned a lot from this and
i'm sure other did too, if you know what i mean.  He sent me the slides and
i'll send them on to Kris to get up on the site, well worth a look.

Any way speak to you all soon

Arron