[dundee] 'Is Privacy Dead in the Digital Age?' Talk 28/02/09

magnus lawrie m.lawrie at gmx.net
Mon Dec 8 20:11:21 UTC 2008

Dundee University Saturday Evening Lecture Series 09

28 February: Starting at 6pm in the Dalhousie Building, Old Hawkhill

Professor Anne Anderson - 'Is Privacy Dead in the Digital Age?'

We all have access to more computing and communication devices than
George Orwell's Big Brother could dream about. How can we deploy these
devices to improve our lives yet protect our privacy? Access to these
new technologies brings responsibilities for individuals and
organisations. Or as Sun Microsystems' CEO Scott McNealy said 'Privacy
is dead - deal with it'. Professor Anderson is Vice-Principal and Head
of College of Art, Science and Engineering at the University of Dundee.

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/externalrelations/events/sels/2009/sels2009.html