[dundee] Tools for Monitoring disk usage

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 07:16:49 UTC 2008

if your using gnome...
check
Baobab 2.20.0.1

it's nice n spicy.

--- On Wed, 17/12/08, gordon dunlop <astrozubenel at googlemail.com> wrote:
From: gordon dunlop <astrozubenel at googlemail.com>
Subject: [dundee] Tools for Monitoring disk usage
To: "Tayside Linux User Group" <dundee at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Date: Wednesday, 17 December, 2008, 10:09 PM

This is an article about Linux tools for monitoring your disk usage,
these tools tend to heavily favour KDE as three of them are plug-ins
to the Konqueror browser and file manager. I use all three: KDirStat;
Filelight; FSView  (they all give graphical presentations and data
analysis of files in their different ways ), I find them excellent.
There is also KDiskFree that gives disk space analysis of your
partitions. If anyone uses Krusader , the file manager, there is an
embedded disk usage tool that is similar to KDirStat but not quite as
good.
One of the reasons I am not moving up to KDE 4 from KDE 3.5 is that
there are so many excellent tools, including developer tools, that
have not yet been ported to KDE 4. :

http://www.linux.com/feature/154908

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk