[dundee] Taylug Weekly Articles 5 - Linux Users

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 12 21:27:41 GMT 2008

Hi All,
This week is about Linux users, the first article is about
characteristics of Linux users:

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3720506

This article is about the choice of Linux with an analogy relating to
good food & wine (I like that):

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/01/09/the-choice-of-linux/

An article about LUGS and how they operate, does this fit how we do things?:

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16039/1141/

Social networking sites are in the news, we operate a Bebo Linux site,
here is an open source networking site:

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=154

Our recent topic of OLPC has been in the news recently regarding OPLC
& Microsoft, here is the truth from the horses mouth:

http://radian.org/notebook/paradox-of-choice

Finally this is not about Linux users but I will chuck it in as an
extra, it is about Fortune 500's top 5 companies to watch in 2008:

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2008/01/11/here-come-the-open-source-ipos/

This is the fifth week of these articles, I would like some feedback.
If you think these weekly articles are not pertinent, stupid,
irrelevant and a waste of space then tell me, there is no skin off my
nose. If you think they are a bit informative then I will continue
them, I am just trying something different to keep Taylug members
informed about different things that are happening within the Linux &
Computer world.

gordon