[dundee] NoHelpDesk

Arron M Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 14 12:42:57 GMT 2008

This is just my rant, i just contacted our helpdesk at the uni with a
problem i'm having with WebCT (Online Course).  They run this check
before they let you in.  Everything apart from my browser passes.  It
just says browser firefox version unknown.  So i contact them saying i
run linux and don't use IE.

There response was somewhat bloody annoying, and really my criticisms is
a) not reading what i put b) lack of ownership.

His basic answer was we don't support linux.  It's normally a Java
problem.  Please check that.

Now as i've previously stated to him that the checkbox had given me a
green tick for everything!  Apart from browser version.  So to me he's
taken one look at the word linux and said not my problem.  Pffftttt.....
He's lucky i didn't go into the whole do you know how unethical this
practise is..... rant.  But i'll wait until his next email.

Pissed off finux signing off