[dundee] NoHelpDesk

Jason Cormie Jason-lug at wormwood666.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 23:34:59 GMT 2008

Kris Davidson wrote:
> So bloody true; the man he speaks the truth.
>
>> Why does an Award winning computing school, not actually do something.
>> With the hands on experience of both students and lecturers you would
>> think we could do this with our eyes closed.
>
> I've wondered this for a long LONG time, other institutions less known
> for technology do it. I'd elaborate but it would produce a
> Shakespearean tome or rants.

Their is a project group looking at the use of an open source replacement
(amongst many other things), but its unlikely to have decided anything or
moved forward by the time you all graduate.

One of the computing divisions which has never been satisfied with webct in
any of its incarnations also has students developing something, but I've no
idea what the license is.  Its running on a windows\IIS\MSSQL\ASP or
coldfusion stack.

:-)

--
Jason Cormie