[dundee] NoHelpDesk (Doug)

Paul Lancaster paul_lancaster at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 19:28:41 GMT 2008

Lee Hughes wrote:

> Have a listen.. bbc Iplayer does seem to work on linux mint! Thank god!
Works ok on eee-pc xandros out of the box.

as for the other comments on courses

My experience of HNC IT was for MS office users who can type, it was
ideal.  Anyone else, save your money and by a dummies guide.

Industry loves Cisco / MS certs, - but dont want to pay certified user
wages so will employ people straight out of uni with a degree in
computing. Then hope they learn the extra skills in their own time, or
puit them on the help desk untill they pick up the skills or get totally
depressed with IT and go and work in a call centre.

I hope this wont effect any future application for a course ;)

Paul