[dundee] OLPC Videos...niiiiiiiiiice!

Arron M Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 19 18:34:29 GMT 2008

Look guys i'm going to get in the middle.  This has blown up out of
proportion and i think i'm not going to be the only one here hoping
people stand back for a moment.

In Lee defence he didn't call you a troll Gary, that i believe was Kris
in his post.  However you implied that Lee was paranoid in yours, and
should take off his tin foil hat, in the end, by your definition Gary,
you posted something that would be fair to say would cause controversy
and get a reaction.  i think this would have been the same on any forum,
or mailing list.  As you have pointed out you didn't like being called a
troll, which i happen to agree is a fair and just point, but you can't
really get on the defencive after you have already done a similar thing.

As for Lee, play nicely! Gary has his points and is just as welcome as
you to make them.  I personally do not agree with his, and fail to see
where he's coming from, but this is what makes our community great.
Diversity.  I actually think that you two would get on.

However Gary you going to have to understand that there is going to be a
level of M$ bashing, and it's not like people on this list have not
worked with, or used M$ and are entitled to call their products whatever
they like.  I'm pretty sure that Ballmer and Gates won't really mind.

So i am not going to get involved in this flame anymore than this, i
also encourage people to do the same, this is not what we signed up for
and we are a friendly community.  This doesn't help anyone.

So if your still prepaired to discuss your points Gary (i'll understand
if you don't).  I would ask pound for pound what else could be done with
the money in these countries bearing in mind it's going to be a hell of
a lot less than a $100 dollars per head?

Yours hoping that neither Lee or Gary is too peeved with me.

Finux