[dundee] FFMPEG and x264 encoder

chris wyllie cgwyllie at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 19 20:59:27 GMT 2008

Hello people (again),

I'm sorry to keep asking away about FFMPEG but I keep becoming more and more
stumped by things.

I need to get the x264 codec working so I can transcode h.264 movies. I
checked out the latest SVN x264 encoder and configure, make, make installed
it. Then I checked out the latest SVN ffmpeg. I ran configure with
--enable-x264 and it just claims that it's an unknown option.
--list-encoders shows no h264 although it does list h262, h263 and h263p.

How can I get a build that will accept the x264 encoder and be able to use
it..?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
  Chris