[dundee] cdrecord/gutsy

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Tue Jan 22 00:09:26 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 11:45:08PM +0100, Jacek Sapieja wrote:
>         I did cdrecord-scanbus and the device is there.
>         It says in the outcome that the file or folder does not exist.
>         Like I couldn't point the file properly. Do you have any idea
>         how to point the file properly ? Its on the desktop right now.
>         Maybe cd-record will make my Matshita less fusy. I really wanna use it.

To refer to the file on the desktop without actually having that as
the current directory: add a ~/Desktop/ to the front of the file
name. I have only vague memories of using cdrecord directly but they
do include being root for the burning (which might just have been me
being too lazy to sort out the permissions...), if you are running the
command as root then ~ wont actually be your home directory, it'll be
root's. You can get your own one using ~user_name so my desktop is
~ormiret/Desktop/ There is always the option of giving a full path as
well, but that takes more typing.

The command you gave previously would become:

 cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,1,0 -data
 ~/Desktop/livecd-i686-installer-2007.0.iso

But unwrapped and fixing for if running as root.

    Robert