[dundee] OLPC Videos...niiiiiiiiiice!

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Tue Jan 22 15:17:05 GMT 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 06:29:41 -0800, Gary Short wrote:

> [...]

That would be the flash memory. There's no hard drive as that would be
at least too power hungry and too fragile

> process whereby new software can be cascaded down to even the most
> remote village. If you don't have such a scheme then you run the risk
> of creating a two tier community - those with access to the central
> repository (though this repository could easily be distributed) and
> those who do not.

One idea I heard was that updates could be tricked down through the
mesh networking.

Possibly also updates could take the form delta packages whereby only
the changed files are shipped not the whole package. Like the yum
presto project with their delta rpms.

Andrew