[dundee] having a conversation with your OS

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 1 20:43:29 GMT 2008

I have used them, or rather I have enabled them on other computers for
people that are visually impaired. There is also festival, check your
repository for this. Whilst it is usually the same automated voice,
there are different voices i.e. accents you can get. I have never
truly looked into this as people were quite happy with the default
voice, as long as the text in the web or desktop document was a
reasonable audible voice.

gordon