[dundee] Bad phorm, ISPs spying for your 'protection' and to line their pockets with advertising

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 13:36:55 GMT 2008

A list of what ISP's don't support it, and I'll just move. Perhaps in
the future ISP will not be compared on reliablity or speed, but
via privacy , security, and willingness to protect the consumer, rather
than pull  every little dirty marketing trick out the bucket to
'improve share holder profits'

Remember, there's always an alternative, take the red or blue pill?

Stick a wifi unit out your window, create your own mesh!

I see a day where the internet was just a fond memory..

do you wanna jack out, or jack in.

did someone just mention politics?

Anyway, gotta go, I';m off to Beijing Olympics to watch their new
student tank rolling events, and internet dissident hunting....

http://www.history.com/media.do?action=clip&id=tdih_jun03_broadband

Laters,
Neo

Lee Turner <lvturner at gmail.com> wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/04/phorm_ripa

"Phorm's system works by reading the contents of web pages you visit, to build up a profile of your interests on your computer. It then uses this information to target you with appropriate categories of advertising when you later visit a website that is a member of the Open Internet Exchange (OIX), its publisher and advertiser network. Phorm has announced that The Guardian, Financial Times and MySpace have all signed up to let it serve the targeted ads to their users."

And finally the petition page

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ispphorm/

Please sign this up regardless of your ISP and pass this on to friends family/co-workers

Cheers
--
Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk