[dundee] new to linux

Adrian Jones kemah153 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 16:25:34 GMT 2008

Hi
I have had to go back to windows xp had some problems with ubuntu
browser kept freezing up all the time (firefox).
adrian jones

christopher wyllie <cgwyllie at googlemail.com> wrote: If you're still looking for antivirus to scan files for windows machines, I think clamAV is pretty good. It should be in the repositories too.

For a firewall I've user Firestarter in the past. I only tend to use it to allow some network share ports that were blocked on my network for some reason. However, most of the time, I never user it and it doesn't get loaded up. It can be userful though for watching what connections are going in and out if like me, your linNeighbourhood stops connecting to shared folders...

Anyway, just my thoughts,
  Chris