[dundee] Library Visualistion...

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 21:19:29 GMT 2008

I've got a interesting programming problem you may be able to shed some light on?

I want to be able to visualize library dependices on my linux box.

so I use the command ldd

so,

ldd libpng.so
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0xb7efc000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libm.so.6 (0xb7ed7000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7d8c000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)

so, as you can see , libpng.so needs these libs to operate..

you then say....

ldd libz.so.1
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7e59000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)

and so on ,and so on..

you see where I'm going on?

what I need is a nice super sed command to strip the white space from
the results , and pick out the information I need.

hopefully I can build nice little diagrams with the data. and be able
to visualise lib dependices on unix machines (nice).

if you've got any idea's how I would do this?

how would I detected circular dependices ( ouch)

interested, or have I gone mad?

Cheers,
Lee

Barry Carr <barry at benericht.co.uk> wrote: Hi Chris,

Doesn't this utility only work on XP/Vista? Or is there a Linux version as well?

Cheers
Barry

azmodie wrote:

>       Overclocking the Asus Eee PC with EeeCTL
>

> Scalegamer has a straightforward piece on overclocking your Asus Eee PC
> with EeeCTL. EeeCTL features fan control, temperate display, CPU Clock
> Speed and CPU voltage adjustments.
>

> The article, including download links, can be accessed here
> .
>

> --
> Umbrella Corporation :-
> "They are the fear within all of that there is a company. The
> Corporation controlling everything that is Umbrella.
> A combination of Microsoft and the US Military. At some level there is a
> board of directors who meet once a
> month and decide all of our fates."
> -- Jeremy Bolt - Producer - Resident Evil : Apocalypse

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk