[dundee] graphical output problems with my itx board

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 14 12:11:35 GMT 2008

your up early, up late?

hmmm.sounds like you monitor has gone for a burton.

try another one, and report back.

you could of selected the wrong mode lines for you monitor, and
blown it up, I've never seen it done myself, but it's possible.

iit could be the gfx chip on the board, quite possible..
paste up your xorg.log to pastebin or something, that might
yeild some clues.

Tim Spencer <samurai.mit at gmail.com> wrote: i have been googleing the last few day for a driver for my Sis Mirage 1 on board graphics card (is on my itx board http://www.silentpcreview.com/article780-page1.html) but couldn't find any. The reason for my googleing  being that  i am having some problems with the video output now i am not sure if it is my gc or my monitor (cheaply bought from cash converters)
 but yeah i need help with that, it used to just flimmer (like with bad tv reception [i could live with that since i am having it as a server}) but it has now progressed to a black screen (programs still running but for some reason it just blanks the output) which has only happened after i installed XAMPP. I am only really run XAMPP/Pidgeon/Firefox on it so i don't know.
 Yeah that kinda my problem I don't know.

tim
Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk