[dundee] The REAL reason we use Linux

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 15 21:12:47 GMT 2008

Yeah, it is having the ability to tinker and play with and it is fun,
I can break things for fun  and still have a stable system. Saying
that, remember my post when I moved my Fedora 6 partition and
everything got broke, I was in tears as it was also emotional, at
least I recovered all my data. I think that Linux it is also about
ownership, the feeling that it is your own personal system and you get
very attached to it whereas proprietary systems gives a dispassionate
rental feeling. I think the truth is that Linux systems impart a
relationship to the user where people care rather than a robotic
attitude to things.

gordon